But how will you be affected? Will you have to sell, do you intend to stay in the market and continue to grow your portfolio, perhaps by incorporating, or are you yet to decide?
What can I do?
In the latest episode of the NLA Podcast Inside Property, presenter Richard Blanco and guests discuss the current market and the options available, including:
- Is buy-to-let still a worthwhile investment?
- Should landlords consider selling up?
- What are the benefits of incorporation in avoiding the extra costs?
- What impact will the tougher lending criteria have on buy-to-let finance?
To chew through the issues Richard is joined by experts in property developments and mortgage finance:
- Jamie Fraser, private landlord who is considering selling
- Nicole Bremner, founder of developer, East Eight, who is considering expansion
- Ben Sheils, accounting director from Micro Business
- John Cox, principal of finance broker Mortgage-Desk